Trailblazing technologies and first-class production
capabilities-Kanto Denka, the leader in fluorochemicals
Since 1970 when Kanto Denka introduced the first hydrofluoric acid electrolysis technologies to Japan, we have parlayed more than half a century of experience and a formidable record of accomplishments into a position at the forefront of fluorine gas manufacturing worldwide. A special characteristic of our fluorochemicals is that fluorine gases and raw materials, respectively, are produced through direct reaction process in independent plant facilities. This means that our products offer particularly high purity. In addition, we are equipped with Class 1000 clean charging facilities, another guarantee that our products have low-particle counts and high purity.
Since the fast-growth period for semiconductor demand in the mid-1990s, we have offered a spectrum of fluorine-containing specialty gases for semiconductor manufacturing, such as carbon tetrafluoride and hexafluoro -1,3- butadiene as etching gases, nitrogen trifluoride, hexafluoroethane and chlorine trifluoride as cleaning gases, and tungsten hexafluoride as a vapor deposition gas.
To electrical equipment suppliers, we offer sulfur hexafluoride as an insulating gas for transformers and circuit breakers. Optical fiber manufacturers use our silicon tetrafluoride in their products and battery makers utilize our lithium hexafluorophosphate in rechargeable batteries for equipment such as mobile phones. As this demonstrates, we offer a wide range of fluorochemcial products to meet manufacturing needs throughout the industrial sector.
- Fluorochemical gases are used for etching and cleaning in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Liquid Crystals and LCDs
- Organic fluorine compounds are used as materials for liquid crystals.
Liquid crystal display manufacturers also make use of various fluorochemical gases for etching and cleaning.
- Optical Fibers
- Silicon tetrafluoride is employed in optical fibers.
- High Capacity Transformers
- Sulfur hexafluoride is used for its high-performance insulative properties in circuit breakers to make them more compact.
- Carbon tetrafluoride(CF4)Semiconductor etching, Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Monofluoromethane(CH3F)Semiconductor etching
- Difluoromethane(CH2F2)Semiconductor etching
- Trifluoromethane(CHF3)Semiconductor etching
- Hexafluoroethane(C2F6)Semiconductor etching, Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Octafluoropropane(C3F8)Semiconductor etching, Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Octafluorocyclobutane(C4F8)Semiconductor etching, Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Hexafluoro-1,3-butadiene(C4F6)Semiconductor etching
- Sulfur hexafluoride(SF6)Electric insulating materials, Semiconductor etching, LCD manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Silicon tetrafluoride(SiF4)Optical fiber manufacturing, Semiconductor etching, dielectric layer
- Nitrogen trifluoride(NF3)Semiconductor etching, Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning, LCD manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Chlorine trifluoride(ClF3)Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning
- Carbonyl sulfide(COS)Semiconductor etching
- Iodine pentafluoride(IF5)Raw material for fluorochemical surfactants
- Tungsten hexafluoride(WF6)Chemical vapor deposition (W-CVD)
- fluorochemical mix gases(F2-mix)Semiconductor manufacturing equipment cleaning , for excimer laser